Our Company:We have a strong background in mathematics, physics and engineering as well as a lot of experience in computational simulations and software development for numerical methods. In that realm, the focus is on large scale nonlinear problems and coupled multi-physical problems. Our objective is to provide our customers with insight to their complex real world problems based on scientific understanding of tangible phenomena, mathematical modelling, numerical simulations and software development. In recent years we gained experience in developing byzantine failure tolerant, high security systems in combination with trading and transaction settlement systems.
Historically WissTec has been founded two times. Initially it was founded in 1991 by Dipl. Math. Michael Scholz in Schenefeld near Hamburg in Germany with a focus on the following services:
- Planning, design and development of IT systems for scientific and engineering purposes.
- Programming with a focus on CAD, CAM and network technology.
- Project management.
- IT training.
- Systems analysis.
- Providing data transfer solutions between different systems.
- WissTec developed one of the early commercial applications of algorithmic compression and content creation for its electronic catalog ELK that allowed to store about a million CAD-Drafts in about one megabyte. While this sounds unlikely with respect to modern storage requirements, such compression rates are far from unrealistic. The modern demo scene provides a lot of contemporary examples of such compression.
- Planning, design and development of distributed, byzantine failure tolerant, high security IT systems.
- Planning, design and development of fast, high security, hight throughput trading and transaction settling IT-Systems.
- General systems theory based mathematical modeling.
- IT security consulting.
- High voltage and high power systems modeling, design and development.